Friday, April 26, 2013

We are CBC

Today Central Bible College is having its last classes and last chapel...ever.  As though God has chosen poetic expression on this last day, it's raining.  This is such a special place.  For 90 years, thousands of men and women came to this place to be trained as ministers and missionaries, and left this place to take their part in changing the world. 

For me, this is where a lot of the people who made a huge impact on my life had their training.  This is where God showed me that my identity can be found in Him - more than a musician, more than a preacher, I am a child of God.  This is where He gave me a vision for Japan.  This is where I learned how to study God's Word.  This is where I learned how to love, how to invest in, and how to develop people.  This is where I learned how to seek God with a fervency I never knew before.  This is where I learned to trust God in the midst of hard times.  This is where I met my husband and many lifelong friends.  I have so many incredible memories in this place.  I would not be who I am had it not been for CBC.  I am one of many, and I am honored to be part of an amazing legacy.  At the end of this semester CBC will close its doors, but the legacy will continue for generations to come.

"Heaven will forever look different because of CBC."

How do you say goodby to a place like this?

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully expressed, friend. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a precious place...how could it not be...a place dedicated to God and set apart to train ministers of the Gospel...I am more than grateful

    ReplyDelete