Thursday, August 29, 2013

A Word (not mine) Of Encouragement

Today, I feel like I experienced almost every human emotion possible.  I was very tempted to spread my negative feelings and publish my rants for everyone in SocialMediaLand to see.  (Oh, how we love to tell the world how we feel about stuff as though we are making the world a better place by doing so.)  But what is the point in that?  I don't just want to be heard.  I want to have a significant life - a life that means something, a life that makes other people better.  Sometimes, I can't come up with good words.  Sometimes, if I want something good to come out, I have to disappear and let God speak because I'll just make a mess.  So if you're discouraged, angry, worried, heartbroken--I felt all of these today--here are some God words that encouraged me tonight:

"When you pass through waters, I will be with you; 
     and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; 
when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, 
     and the flame shall not consume you. 
For I am The Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."
          (Isaiah 43:2-3)

1 comment: