Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Favorite Moment

My first post-lupus-diagnosis piano recital was earlier this week. It was everything I wanted it to be. One person later told me, "You kicked lupus in the butt!" My arthritic fingers made the sounds and colors I wanted. My mind never stopped even when I felt lupus fog clouding my memory. And to add to the excitement, the room was full of such wonderful energy from people who weathered the rain to be there. In that one night, my heart became full with so many victories, sweet words, and memories I will cherish for a long time. But there is one moment from that night that stands out above all the rest.

Before the recital...

After I finished warming up, I had a few minutes before the doors to the recital hall opened for people to find their seats. I was alone in the hall. It was just me and God. I began to play some hymns. No thought of technique. No thought of memory work. No thought of what people may think or trying to impress anyone. Just worship. Pure, unfiltered worship. I was completely free. God has given me so much. I wouldn't be able to play the piano or perform if it wasn't for Him. It was only right that my first performance that night was for Him and Him alone.



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful . . . thank you for this . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful gift! It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tagged you to share 50 Facts About Yourself! :-)

    ReplyDelete