Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Swan Song


This is my last post here. (It feels so surreal for me!) This blog has been an amazing journey for me, and now I'm ready to embark on some new adventures. Before I walk away from A Room with Books and Music, I have a few thoughts I want to leave with you:

Lupus (or any other life-changing diagnosis) is not the end of your life. It is the start of a different life. Live every moment you have left on this earth to the fullest. Whether they be few or many, make the most of every one.

Hard does not mean bad. A lot of beauty is forged in the crucible of hard. Find the beauty in the midst of hard days.

There are a lot of people that treat cynicism like a virtue. But cynicism is the easy path. Choosing to see good, potential, and possibilities takes a lot more creativity than cynicism. This is not ignorance. This is courageous living.

Drown out fear with the words of God and glimpses of who He is. (Insert link) He is peace in the midst of chaos, light in the midst of darkness, and strength in the midst of weakness. 

And finally,
to all of the people who have been part of this wonderful journey, 
to the people who took the time to read my blog, 
to the people who have encouraged me and told me what my words have meant to them, 
to the people who have made my voice louder by sharing my posts with others, 
and to the people who have lifted me up in their prayers...

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment