Friday, March 29, 2013

Worth It

When I'm teaching, I look like I'm full of energy. I pour my whole heart into it because I believe in my students and I believe in the subject matter. My students think I'm an extrovert. They have no idea that I'm an introvert (and that lupus has made me even more so), that I spend so much time alone in my office so that I'll have strength to teach my next class, that at the end of the day my body shuts down. Everyday is hard. Some days are excruciating pain. But I love it! I love that I have something in my life that is worth every ounce of my energy. Something worth waking up for. Something worth feeling tired for. Something worth giving my all. 

And that's a tiny little piece of what Good Friday is about. The incredible idea that we were worth it.

It was now about the sixth hour, and there was darkness over the whole land until the ninth hour, while the sun's light failed.  And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Then Jesus, calling out with a loud voice, said, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last.   (from the account of Jesus' death in the Gospel of Luke)




No comments:

Post a Comment