Sunday, October 12, 2014

On Behalf Of Someone

There are moments that feel like destiny. Those moments when you do something because, as crazy as it may seem, you know it will matter to someone. You may never know their name or see their face, but that doesn't make them any less real. You know they are out there somewhere. And you know that your voice or good deed can make a difference for them. It might even change their life. 

I recently wrote a letter to someone who just received a lupus diagnosis. I don't know who I was writing for, but I knew I had to write it. It was one of those moments. It was a very emotional moment, bathed in tears as I relived a season of overwhelming uncertainty and pain. But it was also a beautiful moment because I knew what my voice would mean to someone who is going through what I experienced two years ago.

And it was even more beautiful because it wasn't just my moment. So many people became part of it as they gave strength to my small voice by spreading my words farther than I alone could.

So on behalf of someone, thank you. Thank you for helping my special wish come true. But more than that, thank you for taking a moment out of your day to be part of something bigger than yourself and doing something that can bring hope to someone you may never know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment