Saturday, October 4, 2014

Autumn Saturday

Fridays nights, I lay on my couch, fatigued from the wear of the work week. Last night was no exception. This wasn't even an exceptionally busy week. But I was exhausted nonetheless.

This morning, I woke up to a slightly chilly, autumn Saturday. I lit candles in my living room and sat cross-legged on my couch with a book and a Bible. I love the start of weekends and I love autumn. I love being able step out of my hectic routine and find moments of solitude and rest. I love being able to sit back and let my mind drift to where it wishes.

So for all of you who have had a busy week and are tired, may you find rest for your body and soul. I hope that you curl up with a blanket and get lost in a good book. Or that you put on a sweater and comfy shoes and go on an adventure. I hope that you have the chance to spend time with someone you love or have a long phone conversation with someone you miss. Or, if like me you are an introvert living an extroverted lifestyle, I hope you finally get a chance to have a moment of solitude. Whatever you choose to do, I hope you wave a wonderful autumn Saturday!


If you would like to read more about solitude, you can read more here, here, here, and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment