Saturday, April 4, 2015

Why I Wear Yoga Pants

As I type this, I'm wearing yoga pants. That's right. I'm wearing yoga pants.

I'm not immodest. (Everything that needs to be covered is covered.)

I'm not lazy. (Even on a Saturday morning, I still put thought into what I would wear today.)

I'm not unfashionable. (At least, I sure get a lot of compliments on my fashion choices.)

And I'm not giving in to current fashion trends. (I'm hipster like that. Or not. I don't know.)

I'm not trying to make a statement. (Ok, sometimes I wear graphic tees to make a statement. But my yoga pants - not a statement.)

I do yoga (it's one of the few types of exercise I can do), but I probably won't do yoga today.

So why am I wearing yoga pants today? Because I am in pain. "Normal" pants hurt. They hurt to wear and they hurt to put on. But yoga pants don't hurt. And on a day like today, every little thing I can do to minimize pain counts. So I'm not ashamed of my yoga pants. I have more important things to be concerned about. Things like having lunch with my husband, listening to the birds singing outside my window, and enjoying my Saturday.





2 comments:

  1. I wear yoga pants all the time. (well not everyday, but frequently because it gives me a lot of mobility) They are not a problem so long as it is not an awkward color (like tan or beige or the same color as your skin) haha!
    I hope you feel better, Pastora. I love reading your blog posts. It gives so much encouragement, and even if I'm not experiencing the exact pain that you are, I'm sure other people who do are so very blessed to have known that your blog exists. ♥︎♥︎♥︎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jazmine, I'm so glad that my blog can encourage you! :)

      Delete