Thursday, April 21, 2016

TBT

Stuff I could do before I had lupus:

Get out of bed without waiting for my joints to loosen up.
Skip breakfast.
Eat garlic AND walk the next morning.
Play with my long, flowing hair without worrying about it falling out.
Open a bottle of water by myself.
Work hard late into the night, sleep a little, do it again the next day.
Practice the piano all day like it's no big deal.
Play the cello (for even a few minutes) without experiencing intense pain.
Write and draw for hours without having to get cortisone shots in my hands afterwards.
Move painlessly after a day out in the sun.
Remember everything.
Hugs for everyone!

Stuff I took for granted before I had lupus:

The joy of being able to get out of bed on my own.
The strength to do a job that I love.
Science and easy access to medicine.
So many people in my life who shower me with love, prayer, and encouragement.
A husband that stands by my side through the good days and the bad.
 God's mercy truly is new every morning,
and He truly does strengthen me with joy.
Hope.
Music.
Good days.
Peace in the midst of the not so good days.
Every day.


No comments:

Post a Comment