Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Even Good Seasons End


When I started blogging a few years ago, I was just looking for a creative outlet to process a life-changing lupus diagnosis. I had no idea that so many people would read it and find hope in my words. Writing this blog has been an amazing adventure. I've poured out my heart to people who are wading the waters of chronic illness and to people who aren't. I have written about my low moments and my victorious ones. I've written during times of strength and times of vulnerability

Last year, I described my writing process on social media:

"Crafting. Typing. Retyping. Editing again and again. And again. Poring over every word. Carefully considering the gravity of every sentence."

I have loved going through this intense, often intimidating process over and over again. But it's time to bring this season to a close and for a new season can begin. So I will be writing a few more pieces in A Room With Books And Music, and then I will shut the door and walk away. I don't feel like my blogging and writing days are completely over, but I'm saying goodbye to this place that has been so special to me these past few years. I don't really know all the details for what is next, but this step is something I feel like God has been putting on my heart for some time. Over the years, I have learned that He never asks us to walk away from something to give us nothing. 

And "nothing" is definitely not a good description for the months that lay ahead. I'm still going to play the piano and teach. My husband and I are FINALLY going to go on our first ministry trip to Japan later this year. And I will be pouring my creative energy into the Japan Prayer Circle, something we have been dreaming about starting for years. It would seem that with all of the exciting things happening in my life, all of the answered prayers, all of the new adventures, this would be a great time to ramp up my blog and write a whole lot more. But I feel like God is calling me to a season when being a blogger will not be part of my identity. A time when I can step into the dreams for which I've been waiting for so long and give them the best of my time and energy. A time when I can just focus on being my Father's daughter. So I'm taking this exciting and terrifying step of faith and trusting God with my future.

- - - - -
Now, I'm not shutting the door quite yet as I still have a few pieces to share before I leave. I also want to hear from you: Do you have any questions or anything you would like me to share before this season ends?

No comments:

Post a Comment