Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Get Ready to PUT ON PURPLE!

Get ready for it! This Friday, people all over the country will Put On Purple for lupus awareness. This is my most favoritest day of Lupus Awareness Month! (Can you tell I'm excited?) It's a fun way to bring attention to a disease that is largely unknown and misunderstood even though it affects 5 million people.

So how does it work? Just put on your purple clothes and/or accessories and tell people why you're doing it. Even a conversation as quick and simple as,

"Nice purple shirt."

"Thanks! I'm wearing purple today for lupus awareness."

can lead to a great conversation or someone googling lupus for the first time. 

And please take a selfie, too! I'm typically not a fan of them, but when it's Put On Purple day, I'm all about the selfies...Selfies for a great cause! Just don't forget to tell people you're wearing purple for lupus awareness - maybe give a shout out to a friend or family member with lupus - and use the #PutOnPurple hashtag. It's so easy! So please help spread the word.

I'll be wearing my "BRAVE" bracelet for myself and a purple outfit for all the people who are impacted by lupus. Who's going to join me?


For more tips and ideas to make the most of Put On Purple, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment